Watch Brain Dead
MPA Maturity Rating
BBFC Maturity Rating
Watch with Premium
Watch Brain Dead
Brain Dead is a 1990 movie with a runtime of 85
Director Adam Simon,
Gregory Kent Simmons,
Thomas Patrick Smith,
Cast Bill Pullman,
A psychological thriller from the writer of the original "Twilight Zone!" In a showdown of man vs. machine, Martin plunges into a chaotic nightmare trying to save his mind from the megalomaniacal corporation! Currently you are able to watch "Brain Dead
" streaming on we platform.
- MPAA Reason
- BBFC Reason
- gory images, strong language
- Maturity Rating Reason
- BBFC Ratings info
- BRAIN DEAD is a 1990 US sci-fi thriller in which a businessman asks his neurosurgeon friend to help him extract information from the mind of a mathematical genius who is now being held in a psychiatric hospital.
Gory sequences include close-up images of an electrical probe being applied to and inserted into the exposed, bloody brain of a psychiatric patient. People experience disturbing hallucinations including images of murder victims covered in blood, with occasional gory wound detail. In another hallucination, a man digs his fingers into a stitched surgical wound and pulls off the top of his own scalp.
There is use of strong language (‘f**k’, ‘c**ksucker’). Milder terms include ‘shit’, ‘piss’, ‘bastard’, ‘ass’ and ‘son of a bitch’.
There are outdated depictions of psychiatric patients, as well as infrequent use of discriminatory language including ‘nuts’ and ‘lost his marbles’. One brief sequence shows a man being forced to undergo electroconvulsive therapy, and a hallucination sequence shows patients locked in cages in an old-fashioned mental asylum.
- Sex & Nudity
- Sex & Nudity Reason
- A man and woman are seen having sex on a table. Her bare butt is seen as well as the side of one of her boobs.
- Violence & Gore
- Violence & Gore Reason
- Depictions of brain surgery
A man wearing a suit covered in blood is repeatedly seen laughing.
A man is accused of murdering his wife.
- Profanity Reason
- "Fuck" is said several times.
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking Reason
- Some characters drink alcohol.
- Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Frightening & Intense Scenes Reason
- Some gruesome imagery of brain surgery aftermath. Even the movie poster could be considered frightening.
Much of the movie focuses on mental illness. A man appears to be suffering from paranoid schizophrenia. It becomes hard for him to distinguish between reality and fantasy.
A man believes he is being followed by a man in a suit covered in blood that is laughing.
United States of America,