Watch Black Widow
MPA Maturity Rating
BBFC Maturity Rating
Watch Black Widow
(1987) online with
Watch with Premium
Arsenio 'Sonny' Trinidad,
Chris S. Ducey,
Johnny 'Sugarbear' Willis,
Robert J. Peters,
- MPAA Reason
- BBFC Reason
- Maturity Rating Reason
Federal agent Alexandra Barnes believes that Catherine Petersen is a serial killer who marries rich men and then murders them for their money. But since Catherine is seemingly a master of disguise and has multiple identities, Alexandra can't prove anything with conventional detective work. With no other option, she goes undercover, pursuing the same man as Catherine, and hoping that Catherine will slip up and reveal her true identity.
- BBFC Ratings info
- Sex & Nudity
- Sex & Nudity Reason
- At Alexandra and Catherine's first meeting at a scuba diving class, a tracking shot shows a succession of young women who are student, lying on the grass, practicing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. The camera pauses as Alex lowers her face to her CPR training partner Catherine, as she starts jokingly asking her about not taking the gesture, so similar to a kiss, personally to Alex as Catherine didn't mind.
The woman known as the black widow is shown in a cottage with one of her husbands making love. Her backside is seen from behind and her breasts shown when she climbs back into bed with her husband.
In a later scene, Catherine and a lover swim naked and make out heavily in a pool; both their backsides and full-frontal nudity is shown for about three full minutes.
- Violence & Gore
- Violence & Gore Reason
- Most of the violence in the film is done through poison and not really shown. At one point though, a woman holds a gun to a man's head and forces him to take a drug overdose; he is visibly upset and afraid.
- Profanity Reason
- Religious profanities can be heard, such as using God's name in vain.
Several uses of swear words, including f**k.
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking Reason
- A good deal of smoking and at one point we see a man take a lethal drug overdose. His actual death is not seen; we see before and after.
- Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Frightening & Intense Scenes Reason
- The antagonist of the plot is apparently a psychopathic, femme fatale named Catherine who preys on wealthy middle-aged men, seducing them into marriage and then fatally poisoning them. Each death is misdiagnosed as Ondine's curse, a condition by which seemingly healthy middle-aged men die in their sleep.
American Entertainment Partners L.P.,
20th Century Fox,
United States of America,