Watch Howard the Duck
MPA Maturity Rating
BBFC Maturity Rating
Watch Howard the Duck
(1986) online with
Watch with Premium
Thomas J. Wright,
L. Dean Jones Jr.,
Holly Robinson Peete,
Debbie Lee Carrington,
- MPAA Reason
- BBFC Reason
- Contains mild sex references and horror
- Maturity Rating Reason
based on comic,
A scientific experiment unknowingly brings extraterrestrial life forms to the Earth through a laser beam. First is the cigar smoking drake Howard from the duck's planet. A few kids try to keep him from the greedy scientists and help him back to his planet. But then a much less friendly being arrives through the beam...
- BBFC Ratings info
- The Critic reviews George Lucas' notorious Marvel Comics adaptation.
- Sex & Nudity
- Sex & Nudity Reason
- Duck boobs
A condom (without a wrapper) is shown stored in a character's wallet.
Some suggestive shots of a woman in her underwear. No nudity.
Some intense flirting between characters with dialogue suggesting the possibilty of an interspecies relationship.
A scene in a brothel showing people making out only in underwear. No full nudity.
- Violence & Gore
- Violence & Gore Reason
- Gun violence includes a lot of references such as "shoot to kill" and "dead or alive". Weapons are frequently mentioned threateningly, occasionally pointed at characters, and a few shots are fired. Duck hunters and hunting are shown.
A lot of fantasy/science fiction violence through out, showing people incapacitated and injured through blunt force or with "rays", but without apparent fatalities. There's a bar fight where ice picks are brandished, and another fight in a diner. Characters are kidnapped, manhandled, and dragged. Some injuries are obvious, but not dwelt upon or bloody.
- Profanity Reason
- There are a few uses of "Hell," "damn," and "dammit." "Piss off" and "Oh my god" are used a couple of times. A couple of slurs are uttered: "jackass" and "jerkoff."
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking Reason
- A duck smokes cigars on occasions. There are some occasional scenes of people drinking in a bar. Beer is consumed socially.
- Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Frightening & Intense Scenes Reason
- Younger viewers might be frightened by a character's transformation into an evil being, and by some of the creatures from space. Scenes of dangerous driving and dangerous flying could be hair-raising, and result in accidents that would likely cause injury or death, but those consequences aren't shown.
United States of America,