Watch Air America
MPA Maturity Rating
BBFC Maturity Rating
Watch with Premium
Watch Air America
(1990) online with
Air America is a 1990 movie with a runtime of 112
Director Roger Spottiswoode,
Cast Mel Gibson,
Robert Downey Jr.,
Air America was the CIA's private airline operating in Laos during the Vietnam War, running anything and everything from soldiers to foodstuffs for local villagers. After losing his pilot's license, Billy Covington is recruited into it, and ends up in the middle of a bunch of lunatic pilots, gun-running by his friend Gene Ryack, and opium smuggling by his own superiors. Currently you are able to watch "Air America
" streaming on we platform.
Air America Parent guide
- MPAA Reason
- BBFC Reason
- Contains strong language and racial stereotyping
- BBFC Ratings info
- AIR AMERICA is a US comedy thriller in which a civilian pilot agrees to fly for the US military during the Vietnam War.
There is use of strong language ('f**k').
Statements are made about Asian people and penis size, and American characters occasionally mock Asian people.
Occasional references are made to heroin, drug running, and smoking marijuana.
- Maturity Rating Reason
- Sex & Nudity
- Sex & Nudity Reason
- A man says he has performed oral sex before.
A man mentions 'getting blown' and 'blowjobs' in one scene.
1-2 scenes take place in a whore house, but absolutely no nudity, and it's only alluded to. Nothing really suggestive at all.
- Violence & Gore
- Violence & Gore Reason
- Soldiers shoot at three men, who escape in planes. One of them gets into one of the rescue planes, but the plane crashes in the jungle, and he and the pilot are forced to jump out. They fall a great distance, but are mostly unhurt.
A man blows up a drug factory with grenades. There's a large explosion, but no one is visibly injured.
A town is seen in a panic in the midst of bombings and shootings. A rescue plane comes, and dumps their weapons cargo to allow all of the villagers to board. The pilot tosses a grenade into the pile of artillery, and jumps on the plane, and this results in a large explosion.
A plane crashes offscreen in the beginning, and the corpse of the pilot is briefly seen.
A man trips another man, and pushes him to the ground.
A plane lands, and drives into a hole in the back of a bigger plane, and the wings tear off, and sparks are seen.
A plane is fired on, and two people parachute out. The pilot crashes the plan, and survives, but the plane is destroyed, and parts of it explode
- Profanity Reason
- 28 uses of 'fuck', 19 uses of 'shit', 12 uses of 'damn' (7 paired with 'God'), 8 uses of 'hell', 3 uses of 'bitch', 6 uses of 'Jesus Christ' and 'Jesus' as exclamations, 1 use of 'bastard', and 2 uses of 'piss'.
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking Reason
- A bag of opium is seen in one scene, but it's not consumed.
The basis of the movie is war funded by the opium trade in Laos and Vietnam. On one hand there is a strong push to manufacture and deliver heroin, while on the other hand the drug runners are sought for punishment by the US government.
Characters drink and smoke in several scenes.
- Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Frightening & Intense Scenes Reason
- A group of natives threaten two men with guns.
This is an action comedy. Frightening/Intense does not really exist. Some scenes show an airplane in situations that may seem frighting, such as flying in fog with improper instrumentation, nearly colliding with mountains.
IndieProd Company Productions,
United States of America,