Watch The Goonies
MPA Maturity Rating
BBFC Maturity Rating
Watch with Premium
Watch The Goonies
The Goonies is a 1985 movie with a runtime of 114
Director Steven Spielberg,
Cast Sean Astin,
A young teenager named Mikey Walsh finds an old treasure map in his father's attic. Hoping to save their homes from demolition, Mikey and his friends Data Wang, Chunk Cohen, and Mouth Devereaux run off on a big quest to find the secret stash of Pirate One-Eyed Willie. Currently you are able to watch "The Goonies
" streaming on we platform.
- MPAA Reason
- BBFC Reason
- brief drug, sex and suicide references, infrequent strong language
THE GOONIES is a US adventure comedy, from 1985, in which a group of young friends go looking for hidden treasure.
- Maturity Rating Reason
gang of thieves,
walking the plank,
- BBFC Ratings info
- THE GOONIES is a US adventure comedy in which a group of young friends run up against a criminal gang when they go looking for hidden treasure.
There is a comic reference to marijuana, speed, cocaine and heroin.
There is a brief comic reference to 'sexual torture devices'.
A prisoner fakes suicide by hanging in order to break out of jail.
There is infrequent use of strong language ('f**k'), as well as milder terms such as 'shit', 'screw', 'turd', 'God', 'piss', 'damn'', 'jerk', 'balls', 'ass', 'hell', 'crap', 'fricking', 'Jesus Christ' and 'bastard'.
There is mild threat and violence. A dislikeable character calls her son a 'sissy'. A villainous character smokes cigarettes.
- Sex & Nudity
- Sex & Nudity Reason
- Some kissing
- Violence & Gore
- Violence & Gore Reason
- A teenage girl punches a woman in the jaw before jumping off the ship and swimming away.
A girl tells of how she elbowed another character in the lip after she caught him staring at her legs in his rear view mirror. The incident isn't seen by the viewer.
A man pretends to hang himself in order to escape from prison.
The Goonies watch two men enter a restaurant, and several gunshots are heard. We later on see the three villains carrying large garbage bags to the kitchen through a window and it is implied the corpses are inside.
A villain threatens to puree a boy's fingers, hand and then arm in a blender. Another villain grabs a child's face and holds a switchblade, suggesting they serve "only tongue."
A boy relates a story about dumping fake vomit from a movie theater balcony onto people below, causing patrons to actually vomit on each other.
Men wrestle/knock heads/try to choke each other.
Adventure and action including chase sequences and adult threats to children with guns and swords.
Human corpses are shown in various states of decomposition, most depicted having died violent deaths.
Children escape death by multiple booby-traps throughout the movie.
A boy is sometimes mildly injured by his own inventions. These incidents are played for gags.
A boy is locked in the trunk of a car with a corpse that has a bullet wound to its head.
- Profanity Reason
- Quite a bit profanity such as "balls" (used once), "bullshit", "(holy) shit", "cut the shit", "damn" and "pissing" said multiple times by both children and adults throughout the film. Several very mild sexual references but no sexual words or slang used other than "balls" once.
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking Reason
- A teen boy plays a trick on a Spanish cleaning woman by telling her (in Spanish with English subtitles) that she needs to "always seperate the drugs" into the appropriate drawers, citing marijuana, cocaine, speed, and heroin. No characters do or reference doing drugs, though a teen boy makes a reference to "downin' some brews".
Jake Fratelli smokes cigarettes a few times.
Alcohol is seen and referenced once by the villains.
- Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Frightening & Intense Scenes Reason
- In the beginning of the movie, we open up to a jail cell which cuts to what appears to be a body hanging in the jail cell, implying the person committed suicide. But when a guard came up to the body and read the message pinned on the body, the guard figured out that the person was simply faking it as he woke up and knocked the guard out so he could escape.
Suggested Rating: PG, TV-PG / Suggested Age: 12+
A man slips and falls, landing astride a log, hurting his groin.
A man threatens to puree a child's fingers in a blender if he doesn't confess his knowledge of his friends' whereabouts, all while the man and two other adult villains corner the kid. The kid is also crying.
A skeleton is discovered with both it's legs crushed by a boulder and with insects such as worms, maggots and beetles crawling on it and coming out of it's eye sockets. Younger viewers will find the scene extremely frightening and will find it rather disturbing.
A character with a misshapen face is chained to a wall and is startling when first seen, screaming.
A dead body continuously falls on top of a child, who is trapped in a freezer. Numerous skeletons discovered during movie, including one with daggers in its eye sockets.
Warner Bros. Pictures,
United States of America,