MPA Maturity Rating
BBFC Maturity Rating
Watch with Premium
(1986) online with
Highlander is a 1986 movie with a runtime of 116
Director Stephen Hopkins,
Cast Christopher Lambert,
He fought his first battle on the Scottish Highlands in 1536. He will fight his greatest battle on the streets of New York City in 1986. His name is Connor MacLeod. He is immortal. Currently you are able to watch "Highlander
" streaming on we platform.
- MPAA Reason
- BBFC Reason
- Contains strong violence and moderate sex
- Maturity Rating Reason
new york city,
sword and sorcery,
good versus evil,
- BBFC Ratings info
- There is also a sex scene which includes brief female breast nudity, as well as some brief moderate sex references.
- Sex & Nudity
- Sex & Nudity Reason
- Man brags to another that he raped the woman loved by the second man.
A couple is shown make out in a wild,in one movement her top is loose fitting and her breasts are seen for about a fraction of a second. Its one of those blink-and-you-miss-it-things
A police officer asks a man if he's a faggot (homosexual)
A prostitute enters a room, sex is implied (not shown, no nudity).
A love scene is shown; it is shadowed and silhouetted, but you can tell what's going on. In that scene ,woman breast and butt and man bare butt show.
- Violence & Gore
- Violence & Gore Reason
- One of the central themes of the movie is vicious sword fights; these fights are frequent and almost always end in decapitation. During these fights there are numerous cuts and slashes with some blood shown.
There is a battle scene where several men are shown being killed by swords and wounds are shown. An mans throat is cut, though not deeply enough to kill him.
A sword-fight occurs where a man is stabbed. He then gets up and is impaled again. This is repeated several times.
A man is brutally beaten and his left left bloody by a mob, with kicks, punches and headbutts.
A man hits a woman, knocking her down.
Many types of violence are present, including people being shot, cut and stabbed by knifes and swords, hit by a car.
A man kidnaps a woman and uses her as a hostage. There lots of bloody battle sequences in the film ,especially when the Macleod clan are battling in the Kurgan's clan. The final battle scene is very violent.
- Profanity Reason
- Language is present and while infrequent, it is harsh, and may be upsetting to some viewers.
There are several occurrences of vulgar sexual language and implied sexual behavior.
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking Reason
- Some alcohol and smoking throughout the movie.
The protagonist is shown drunk in one of the flashback scenes. (The whole scene in question is mainly for comic effect, though.)
Occasional references to drugs.
- Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Frightening & Intense Scenes Reason
- Most of the scenes of swordplay are intense.
The movie is constantly intense.
The villain is very disturbing in his carelessly violent behavior as well as in appearance ,his appearnce and his death scene is might to be scary and intense for some viewers. One scene in particular involves him driving at high speed through the city playing chicken with other vehicles causing them to crash and striking several pedestrians, all while laughing and joking loudly. Battles are frenetic and violent.
Thorn EMI Screen Entertainment,
Highlander Productions Limited,
United States of America,