Watch The Sender
MPA Maturity Rating
BBFC Maturity Rating
Watch with Premium
Watch The Sender
The Sender is a 1982 movie with a runtime of 91
Director Roger Christian,
Cast Kathryn Harrold,
A disturbed telepathic man is able to transmit his dreams and visions into the minds of the people around him. Currently you are able to watch "The Sender
" streaming on we platform.
- MPAA Reason
- BBFC Reason
- suicide references, strong gore, threat
- Maturity Rating Reason
- BBFC Ratings info
- THE SENDER is a psychological horror film, from 1982, in which a mysterious patient arrives at a psychiatric hospital.
The main character, haunted by his own supernatural powers, makes several attempts to take his own life.
A patient envisions decapitating a man by punching him. There is strong surgical detail when doctors drill into a patient's skull.
Doctors perform electroshock therapy on a struggling patient. Characters have visions of swarms of insects and rats.
There is infrequent strong language ('f**k').
- Sex & Nudity
- Sex & Nudity Reason
- The outline of a woman's nipples can be seen in her night shirt, but this is not meant to be sexual.
A man is briefly shirtless.
A young man and woman share a small brief kiss.
- Violence & Gore
- Violence & Gore Reason
- The film opens on a man attempting suicide by walking into a lake while weighed down with rocks. The music accompanying this is very tense.
A woman is in a car wreck but is not seriously injured.
Blood comes out of a water faucet and is seen leaking from a broken mirror.
A man sliced his wrist in an attempted suicide, but is stopped. Some blood is visible.
A man is subjected to electroshock therapy briefly, but it is stopped.
A mouse crawled out of a dead man's mouth as part of a hallucination.
A gunshot is fired, no one is hit.
A man head is decapitated from his body from a punch to the face. The bloody neck is visible.
During a surgery, an incision is made and the a man's skull is drilled. Minor blood.
A surgical room catches on fire, and the clothes of some people are ablaze. Brief and no injuries are shown.
A man tries to kill himself by poisoning with natural gas. However he is pulled from the house. Shortly after the house explodes.
A man killed his mother by poisoning her with natural gas.
- Profanity Reason
- Minor name calling.
Sh*t is said.
F*ck is said.
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking Reason
- Patients in a psychiatric hospital are given medication.
- Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Frightening & Intense Scenes Reason
- The suicide scene may be frightening for some viewers.
The hallucinations seen by a character are frightening.
There is not real and hallucinated violence throughout, which is frightening.
The film has a very dark tone and is quite intense.
Kingsmere Productions Ltd.,