MPA Maturity Rating
BBFC Maturity Rating
Watch with Premium
Legend is a 1985 movie with a runtime of 94
Director Ridley Scott,
Cast Tom Cruise,
Set in a timeless mythical forest inhabited by fairies, goblins, unicorns and mortals, this fantastic story follows a mystical forest dweller, chosen by fate, to undertake a heroic quest. He must save the beautiful Princess Lili and defeat the demonic Lord of Darkness, or the world will be plunged into a never-ending ice age. Currently you are able to watch "Legend
" streaming on we platform.
- MPAA Reason
- BBFC Reason
- Contains mild threat
- Maturity Rating Reason
- BBFC Ratings info
- Fantasy violence includes a scene in which a monster is decapitated.Mild sex references include references to a woman being desired. There is use of mild bad language ('shit'), as well as milder terms including 'hell' and 'dammit'.
- Sex & Nudity
- Sex & Nudity Reason
- Some passionate kissing
A woman wears a dress with a V-shaped deep plunging neckline that goes from her neck down to her waistline. A hint of breast lines are visible. The lord of darkness talks of his desire for her.
A fairy tries to entice a young man to kiss her. She bargains with him and tries to trick him by disguising herself as his love. The actress who plays the fairy is Annabelle Lanyon. According to IMDb, she was 25 years old when filming though she appears as a barely prepubescent girl wearing scanty fairy clothing. Her arms, shoulders and legs are bare. In one scene the outfit doesn't quite cover and a portion of her bare rump is seen.
- Violence & Gore
- Violence & Gore Reason
- A unicorn's horn is cut off (though one might think they were going to go for the head). Later it is threatened that another unicorn would be struck down with the sword (but it doesn't happen)
A character is stabbed by a unicorn horn
Gory and blood covered skeletons and bones are seen in the monsters kitchen. A character is about to be baked in a pie.
Some comic/fantasy violence, some brawls/fight scenes, a monster gets decapitated (no blood), another monster is shot with arrows (some blood is seen) and is hurled into an abyss. A large person/creature is seen from behind while he strikes a flailing creature/person in the stomach while it lies on a table in front of a fire in some sort of hellish kitchen. Some characters talk of becoming barbecue. A goblin sets another's pants on fire; it comes off comically. A large disgusting looking creature talks of eating Jack. There is talk of killing a unicorn, speaking of cutting its throat and drinking its blood. A creature says it wants to eat someone's brains.
- Profanity Reason
- Brief language, "Run like hell" and "Shit" are heard once and also "Dammit!", some nonsensical insults and ribaldry.
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking Reason
- Jack, Gump and the dwarfs drink elderberry wine around a campfire. The Lord of Darkness invites Lily to drink wine (she doesn't).
- Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Frightening & Intense Scenes Reason
- A woman finds a family, including a baby, frozen (to death?) in their home (caused by the sudden onslaught of winter)
It appears a creature is about to be butchered alive in two different scenes in the monsters kitchen. (the cook is swings a machete repeatedly into the table with the humanoid creature on it, and the creature reacts to each swing, but appears to be undamaged?) The short of it is, it is apparent they butcher people alive and cook them up and eat them in the kitchen by this and various other scenes.
The character Meg Mucklebones may be frightening for very young children.
Scenes with the lord of darkness can be scary for young viewers. A woman readies to behead a unicorn (she doesn't). The creatures are all gross and scary looking. A man is threatened by (and later beheads) a hideous creature. A pig like man is going to eat some other characters (he doesn't, but he does put them in a large cooking pot). Some scenes under violence can be considered frightening/intense, suspenseful music generally plays throughout these scenes. Some bizarre/scary images, the demonic Darkness may appear frightening to some children.
Embassy International Pictures,
Legend Production Company,
United States of America,