MPA Maturity Rating
BBFC Maturity Rating
Watch with Premium
(1985) online with
Mask is a 1985 movie with a runtime of 120
Director Peter Bogdanovich,
A boy with a massive facial skull deformity and biker gang mother attempts to live as normal a life as possible under the circumstances. Currently you are able to watch "Mask
" streaming on we platform.
- MPAA Reason
- BBFC Reason
- infrequent drug misuse, infrequent strong language
- Maturity Rating Reason
falling in love,
- BBFC Ratings info
- MASK is a US drama about a teenage boy with a facial disfigurement.
There is infrequent strong language ('f**k'), as well as milder terms such as 'shit', 'crap' and 'bitch'.
There are a couple of scenes in which the protagonist's mother is seen taking drugs, snorting some powder from the back of her hand and smoking marijuana. There are also references to her being a drug addict. However, her drug-taking is very much frowned upon by her child and the film as a whole takes an anti-drugs stance.
The film also contains some mild sex references.
- Sex & Nudity
- Sex & Nudity Reason
- There's probably only one scene that implies sex when the mother brings a guy home one night but the scene ends when she and the guy go into the bedroom.
Some implied prostitution. In at least two scenes the mom brings home a guy. Each of these the guy gets real sore about the fact the mother has a kid. In another scene the mom brings home a female prostitute for her son, so he can be with a girl (although this wasn't the method what so ever the son had in mind, and he really lets Cher have it the next morning; however no sex happens.
- Violence & Gore
- Violence & Gore Reason
- Some domestic violence (yelling and arguing)
A guy talks about putting a lady through the wall
A mother slaps her son
A kid breaks a couple of dishes
A few yelling and arguments.
There's some biker violence as well (grabbing, chasing, scaring off, punching, attacking, throwing people off)
A kid slams another kid against the locker.
A kid burns his hand a bit on a tiny pebble he was boiling in water for an experiment.
A lady breaks a kitchen lamp and then smashes a whole shelf of glass cups.
- Profanity Reason
- The F-word is used twice. There's a bunch of other language which include several shits, and bunch other lighter swear words like ass, damn, bastard, hell, and occasional name calling stupid, retard, freak
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking Reason
- The mother in the film is addicted to drugs. At least three or four times we see her or its implied she takes drugs. We even see the drug dealer too!
The son gets her these pamphlets and we later learn he placed them all over the place. She explodes on him later.
Towards the end of the grandparents visit scene she really gets stoned.
In addition a lot of other characters drink and smoke (the mom does this a good bit too).
- Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Frightening & Intense Scenes Reason
- PG-13: Mature Thematic Elements Throughout, Involving Bullying, Drug Content, And Strong Language
The main character who has this rare disease has an odd face/head (which may shock some viewers). At the start of the film is told that he will die in 3-6 months. He constantly gets terrible head aches.
The drug use, arguing, domestic problems, biker rituals and violence is pretty disturbing.
While most of the characters are good friends and family, they are a bit dysfunctional.
Well, that was a bit blunt
United States of America,