Watch Miller's Crossing
MPA Maturity Rating
BBFC Maturity Rating
Watch Miller's Crossing
Watch with Premium
Marcia Gay Harden,
Louis Charles Mounicou III,
Danny Aiello III,
Salvatore H. Tornabene,
John Schnauder Jr.,
William Preston Robertson,
MIchael P. Cahill,
- MPAA Reason
- BBFC Reason
- strong violence
- Maturity Rating Reason
Set in 1929, a political boss and his advisor have a parting of the ways when they both fall for the same woman.
- BBFC Ratings info
- MILLER'S CROSSING is a darkly comic gangster drama in which a man finds himself caught between two rival gangs.
Scenes of violence include shootings and fistfights, with resultant sight of blood and injury detail.
- Sex & Nudity
- Sex & Nudity Reason
- Several oblique references are made to homosexual relationships among some of the male characters.
A man says that his sister tried to teach him "a thing or two about bed artistry."
A man makes a veiled reference to a woman being a prostitute.
A woman is seen in bed after having sex with a man. She is covered by a sheet. He is in his undershirt.
An antique photograph of a nude woman is briefly seen for only half of a second. This is the most sexually explicit element out of the entire film.
- Violence & Gore
- Violence & Gore Reason
- A man is killed offscreen and his body is revealed shortly thereafter.
A man fends off quite a few thugs in a decently bloody shootout.
A man is dragged,kicking and screaming, to his execution in the forest though he is spared.
A man shoots and kills some bodyguards (with resultant blood)
The cops bomb bar and a huge, costly shootout follows.
Some beatings with slight blood on the face, but nothing excessively strong.
A corpse is seen with the face decayed and soaked in blood.
A man is beat with a fire poker and shot in the head (his face is seen mostly covered in blood for a few seconds).
We see the body of a man with a wooden piece shoved into his face.
A man shoots another man in the head killing him.
- Profanity Reason
- "Son of a bitch" and "Jesus Christ" are said several times. 1 instance of "whore".
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking Reason
- The main character smokes and drinks a lot.
Plenty of social drinking.
The main character is drunk several times.
- Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Frightening & Intense Scenes Reason
- There are a couple of murders or attempted ones that could be considered intense.
A man weeps and begs for his life while another man holds a gun to his head to kill him - the scene is long, emotional and potentially distressing.
20th Century Fox,
United States of America,