MPA Maturity Rating
BBFC Maturity Rating
Watch with Premium
(1989) online with
Parenthood is a 1989 movie with a runtime of 124
Director Ron Howard,
Cast Steve Martin,
The story of the Buckman family and friends, attempting to bring up their children. They suffer/enjoy all the events that occur: estranged relatives, the 'black sheep' of the family, the eccentrics, the skeletons in the closet, and the rebellious teenagers. Currently you are able to watch "Parenthood
" streaming on we platform.
parent child relationship,
grandparent grandchild relationship,
Parenthood Parent guide
- MPAA Reason
- BBFC Reason
- Contains moderate sex references
- BBFC Ratings info
- PARENTHOOD is a comedy drama in which three siblings take on the challenges of parenthood
Sex references include references to porn and masturbation. A woman holds a vibrator thinking it's a torch.
A woman inhales helium from a balloon. There is use of mild bad language ('piss', 'ass', 'son-of-a-bitch', 'shit', 'crap') as well as milder terms including 'screw', 'butt' and 'moron'.
- Maturity Rating Reason
- Sex & Nudity
- Sex & Nudity Reason
- There is discussion of oral sex and an attempt to perform oral sex in a car, causing an accident
References to dildos and sex toys. There is a shot of one as well. There is dialogue of "having sex with machinery." Reference to ejaculation using synonyms. Tod and Julie take pictures of them having sex. Helen later finds them. Larry had a son, Cool, that he never knew about. He describes the "one night stand." Sensuality. Reference to abortion. Also there is a brief shot of a porno on tape that Helen investigates. She finds it in Garry's room. A theme of pregnancy.
In one of the scenes, Garry is caught with a bunch of pornography tapes. When Helen asks what he needs them for he is too afraid to tell her. He asks to speak to Tod about it. Tod later tells Helen that Garry had gotten his first "boner" or erection and has been "slapping the meat" ever since, meaning that he has been masturbating ever since his first erection. He is ashamed and thinks of himself as a sexual pervert, so Tod tells him "that's just what little dudes do".
Justin Buckman (who is three years old) is shown completely nude for roughly five seconds
A stripper shows up to a boy's birthday party.
- Violence & Gore
- Violence & Gore Reason
- A POV sequence of a child vandalizing an office
Gil's daughter vomits on him.
Tod's dragster spins out of control and crashes; he's visibly shaken but otherwise OK.
In a fantasy sequence, a boy terrorizes a town with a machine gun. Lots of gunfire and screaming, but no blood.
A man tossed from a moving car but is unharmed.
- Profanity Reason
- Dianne West, when tempered, takes God's name in vain a lot. She says GD, Je*u*, and the like a few times, and sometimes more than once in one scene.
Several uses of the S-word and A-hole and G-damn. Other mild profanities.
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking Reason
- A woman drinks a shot of vodka and an elderly man hands out cigars to a group of men in a hospital; he is briefly seen smoking a cigar moments later.
- Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Frightening & Intense Scenes Reason
- Tod drag races and spins out during a race.
United States of America,