Watch Casualties of War
MPA Maturity Rating
BBFC Maturity Rating
Watch with Premium
Watch Casualties of War
Casualties of War is a 1989 movie with a runtime of 113
Director Brian De Palma,
Cast Michael J. Fox,
During the Vietnam War, a soldier finds himself the outsider of his own squad when they unnecessarily kidnap a female villager. Based on the actual events of an incident on Hill 192 in November, 1966. Currently you are able to watch "Casualties of War
" streaming on we platform.
- MPAA Reason
- BBFC Reason
- sexual violence
- Maturity Rating Reason
based on a true story,
- BBFC Ratings info
- CASUALTIES OF WAR is a 1989 drama, set during the Vietnam War, in which a young American soldier finds his loyalties torn over his comrades' brutal treatment of a Vietnamese woman. This is an extended version of the film.
There are scenes of sexual violence in which a woman is assaulted by several men in turn. There is brief sight of thrusting, but no strong nudity or other eroticising detail in the assault. There is also strong bloody violence in a wartime context, and gory injury detail.
There is also strong language ('f**k', 'motherf**ker').
There are also strong sex references.
- Sex & Nudity
- Sex & Nudity Reason
- A teenage girl is violently raped by a man while several other men watch. Her bare buttocks can be seen, and so can the rapists. After the rape the girl is seen nude from the rear with only a small blanket covering half of her behind. A man then tells several other men to rape the girl. A man then undresses, and his buttocks are shown, and briefly his penis. He turns the girl over almost exposing her nipples, then gets on top of her and is very briefly shown raping her but the fifth soldier refuses.
Sexual references and references to rape throughout.
- Violence & Gore
- Violence & Gore Reason
- A character hits another with a shovel.
Some war violence, quite strong sometimes. Images of an army hospital including severed arms & legs. Might disturb some.
The gunfights are quite depressing because the teenage girl is suffering while watching the fights and loads of explosions happen as well including that this is real life.
Meserve saves Eriksson's life by taking him out near the tunnel and Meserve killed the vietnamese soldier
The female victim is shot multiple times by three men on a bridge and you can see bullet wounds and blood.
Meserve orders Hatcher to kill the Vietnamese girl but Eriksson stopped them by shooting the M-16 in the air because the helicopters were near and to stop them from killing the girl
One of the soldiers killed the Vietnamese girl because she tried to escape.
- Profanity Reason
- From what I can tell there is 1 use of "cunt" used by Sean Penn while kidnapping the girl.
The language is pretty harsh. About 50 or so F-words are used and other harsh profanity
In the extended version, Michael J Fox aggressively shouts out the F-word in court
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking Reason
- Smoking cigarettes/marijuana & drinking.
- Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Frightening & Intense Scenes Reason
- Casualties Of War is a very intense film.
United States of America,