MPA Maturity Rating
BBFC Maturity Rating
Watch with Premium
Prison is a 1987 movie with a runtime of 102
Director Renny Harlin,
Cast Viggo Mortensen,
After Charles Forsyth was sent to the electric chair for a crime he didn't commit, he forever haunts the prison where he was executed. Flash forward several years when the prison is reopened, under the control of its new warden Eaton Sharpe, a former security guard who framed Charlie. When prisoners are ordered to break down the wall to the execution room, they unknowingly release the angry spirit of Charles Forsyth, a powerful being distributing his murderous rage to all, leading up to the Warden himself. Currently you are able to watch "Prison
" streaming on we platform.
- MPAA Reason
- BBFC Reason
- Contains strong violence and horror
- Maturity Rating Reason
- BBFC Ratings info
- Sex & Nudity
- Sex & Nudity Reason
- A man says to another man "I got 12 inches of brown garbage. Why don't you come and get it?"
One prisoner is implied to be a sex offender.
A strip search of prisoners is performed. No explicit nudity.
A characters buttocks are briefly seen when he is put in solitary.
- Violence & Gore
- Violence & Gore Reason
- A man has violent dreams about a former prisoner. The ghost of a former prisoner attacks inmates violently.
A prison guard is maimed with barb wire.
Guards and inmates clash during riots.
A prisoner cuts himself with a razor blade.
A prison guard falls over a balcony, presumably to his death.
A senior prison staff member is choked with a belt.
A man is electrocuted.
A prisoner chokes the governor with a belt after he realises he is corrupt.
- Profanity Reason
- Lots of strong language and religious exclamations. One prisoner calls another "brown garbage".
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking Reason
- One prisoner is seen smoking.
- Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Frightening & Intense Scenes Reason
- The whole film is rather creepy and claustrophobic.
It is implied in one scene that a prisoner may be a sex offender. Very creepy scene.
United States of America,