Watch Jaws: The Revenge
MPA Maturity Rating
BBFC Maturity Rating
Watch Jaws: The Revenge
Watch with Premium
Mario Van Peebles,
Fritzi Jane Courtney,
Melvin Van Peebles,
Cyprian R. Dube,
Daniel J. Manning,
William E. Marks,
James Martin Jr.,
- MPAA Reason
- BBFC Reason
- moderate horror
- Maturity Rating Reason
dying and death,
great white shark,
After another deadly shark attack, Ellen Brody decides she has had enough of New England's Amity Island and moves to the Caribbean to join her son, Michael, and his family. But a great white shark has followed her there, hungry for more lives.
- BBFC Ratings info
- Sex & Nudity
- Sex & Nudity Reason
- In one scene a woman and her husband are in their bedroom and the woman(who is in the bed) launches her underwear at him like a slingshot, presumably they had sex. No nudity.
- Violence & Gore
- Violence & Gore Reason
- Several bloody scenes, but overall not as violent as the first or third entries.
Several shark attacks show graphic blood and gore, but most of it looks fake.
A man's arm is bitten off at the start before he is repeatedly attacked further.
A woman is attacked by a shark while swimming, however this is revealed to be a nightmare.
A shark attacks a woman on a yellow plastic boat, narrowly missing a child.
A man is taken by the shark from the edge of a boat and violently dragged under water.
A few people are eaten and these scenes are bloody. However, this film has the lowest body count in the series.
Around the end, Jake is attacked while trying to place a tracking device in the shark's mouth. He appears to have died, but in the AMC airings of the movie, after the shark "blows up" it turns out that he survived the attack, but is still massively injured.
Sean's death near the start of the film could be upsetting for some viewers. His arm is bitten off and he screams in agony. It's also sad to think the little boy from the original is now killed by a shark.
- Profanity Reason
- Some strong profanity including shit, SOB, bastard. Milder profanities include hell, damn. References to deity, God, Christ and Jesus.
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking Reason
- Very brief.
- Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Frightening & Intense Scenes Reason
- Several scenes are supposed to be frightening but most of the time the film is so bad and the shark looks so fake its unintentionally funny.
United States of America,