MPA Maturity Rating
BBFC Maturity Rating
(2000) online with
Watch with Premium
Aurelien Parent Koenig,
- MPAA Reason
- Rated PG-13 for a scene of sensuality and some violence.
- BBFC Reason
- Maturity Rating Reason
based on novel or book,
parent child relationship,
A fable of emotional liberation and chocolate. A mother and daughter move to a small French town where they open a chocolate shop. The town, religious and morally strict, is against them as they represent free-thinking and indulgence. When a group of Boat Gypsies float down the river the prejudices of the Mayor leads to a crisis.
- BBFC Ratings info
- Sex & Nudity
- Sex & Nudity Reason
- A man and a woman are shown having sex. Her bare back and the side of her breast are visible as she straddles the man.
Nude pictures of women are pinned to a wall in the background of one scene.
- Violence & Gore
- Violence & Gore Reason
- A man sets fire to a houseboat, allegedly with people on it.
Kids fight briefly in a playground.
A boy draws graphic pictures of suggested violence.
A woman reads gory poetry to a boy.
A woman shows her bruised legs to others.
A drunk man tries to break into an apartment in pursuit of his abused wife who has run away. (Two women and a young girl are in the house.) He yells and threatens. He tries to choke a woman; he pulls another's hair while she screams. A woman hits him on the head with a skillet. The abused wife is seen with a swollen cut on her forehead which later is seen as a bruise.
An angry man runs off with a sharp object, breaks into a shop, and attacks a chocolate "woman" (at first beheading her), then destroys a window display of confections.
- Profanity Reason
- A man calls a woman stupid and another a bitch.
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking Reason
- Characters drink and smoke in a bar. One arrives drunk and violent and later is found passed out in a street.
- Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Frightening & Intense Scenes Reason
- A houseboat is on fire. People run in chaos. A woman thinks her child is on the boat and becomes very upset.
A mother and daughter fight to the point where the mother becomes somewhat physically aggressive, yanking and pulling on the child (although there is no hitting or serious abuse).
David Brown Productions,
United States of America,